Re: HELP!!!!! was Re: [IPp] re: Noah's 504 plan

Dear Barbara,

What state do you live in, your school is sounding very much like mine.
I now have a public interest lawyer (no cost) who has taken the stress
off of me, and made me very hopeful for a easy path for Jessy in the
school.  Our school finally got rid of our "butt head" nurse, thank God,
and now we will have a wonderful woman in there, who already knows and
cares about Jessy.  The only hurdle we have to jump now is the testing in
the classroom issue, and I am very confident on that one with this
lawyer.  If you are in the NJ or Pa, she may be able to help you too.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: HELP!!!!! was Re: [IPp]
re: Noah's 504 plan >Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:55:25 EDT > >In a message
dated 8/1/2002 5:07:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes: > > > > Right, but an IEP has no
teeth. Violation of the provisions of a 504 > > plan could subject the
school district to loss of all federal > > funding. Not fulfilling the
provisions of the IEP is "ah gee... to > > bad, we forgot" or something
like that. There is no enforcement > > mechanism. > > > >Woah! I'm
freaking out now!!!! All these years (from Kind-6th) >Zachary >has been
attending school under an IEP which included medical instructions. >These
were always typed up on a "Multipurpose" form provided by our
>metropolitan areas Special School District for use at the local school
>districts. > >Last year, (when he didn't attend school 2nd semester due
to DKA, >starting pump, and "Butthead" Nurses who messed with us and
him------ >they didn't accept the "504 MEdical Plan" submitted by the
Doctor, >but instead CREATED their own Medical Care Plan (which we still
were >refusing to sign on the last day of school). > >From what I'm
hearing you say, Zachary needs to have the 504 Plan >included in his IEP?
Without the 504 he's not sufficiently covered? >We meet with his school
for his re-entry IEP in a week. We were already >planning on requesting
blood testing in the classrooms (which they have >NEVER allowed before).
Do I need to be requesting a special meeting, >or just get special forms
prior to the meeting? > >Sincerely, > >Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to
Zachary (12), Dx 2/93, 508 2/02. >Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
>Fenton, MO >email @ redacted >Independent Kitchen Consultant for The
Pampered Chef.