[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #146

snip>>  How can I make this nurse listen to me, do what I want done
for MY child????
I just hope this is not the start to an upcoming problem when school starts
Mom to Matthew 5yrs old...Paradigm Pumper and to Victoria 7yrs old, non-d<<

Hi Sarah,

I would want to prevent the lows from happening in the first place,
if possible.  Could the gym teacher let Matthew's classroom teacher
know how intense the activity was to determine whether he should have
a snack immediately following gym class?  Or, you could instruct the
classroom teacher to have Matthew eat a snack following gym class to
be sure a low doesn't occur.  When she tests him before he gets on
the bus, an adjustment with insulin or more food could be done then.
Just some ideas.  Noah wasn't dx until age 9 1/2 and didn't require
much help from anyone else.  Hang in there.  As Matthew gets older,
he'll be able to handle all of these things with little help from
anyone else!

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o Noah