[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #146

>I saw the paragraph on being able to re-take tests if bg is
>out of range (high or low).  For Texas, kids have to
>start "passing" the standardized tests by grade 3 which is next
>year for Luke.  Have you had to use that clause before, and if
>so, has it gone smoothly w/ the school personnel?
>Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01
>Austin, Texas

Hi Shelly,

The only standardized test we had a problem with was the PSAT.  It
was scheduled on a Saturday morning...a one time deal.  I called the
guidance counselor who was proctoring and said Noah's bg was too high
to take the test at the scheduled time.  The counselor said "no
problem" and asked when we'd like to try again.  Noah went in that
afternoon and took it by himself with the counselor proctoring.
We've been very fortunate with our school personnel.  We've never
been challenged or had any problem with any aspect of his

Noah won't test himself at school before a regular classroom test.
He doesn't feel comfortable asking to be excused from a test on the
grounds of a high bg.  He's never had a low bg (that we know of)
interfere with test taking.

But that one time...for a very important test...we had no problem whatsoever.

Take care.

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o Noah