Re: [IPp] Re:New pumpers and testing

Dear Cindy,

I still find it totally amazing that these self ritious schools feel the
need to be so damned ignorant.  I'm glad you have your problems cleared
up, mine will be soon.  Thank you.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re:New pumpers and
testing >Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:52:04 EDT > >Cindy, > >I also had to
fight our schools (my daughter is now 14) for everything we >have. When
she entered junior high they didn't want her to be able to carry >her
glucometer with her but they wanted her to leave it in the clinic. The
>school is huge since it a combination junior and senior hign school and
by >the time she got to the clinic she would so low she would pass out or
miss >lunch. The school fought me tooth and nail. I worked with the ADA
who gave >me the name of a laywer in the Dept. of Ed., Office of Civil
Rights. I was >ready to file a complaint (i.e., ready to sue) before they
gave in but >finally they gave in. > >Bottom line -- stick to your guns.
The school is only doing what feels >comfortable for them, not what is
best for your child. Only you know that. >It's hard to make waves. It's
hard to be seen as the problem parent when >before diabetes we were oh,
so cooperative. But now, we have no choice. We >must do what's right for
our kids. Believe me, the school has no clue what's >best, only you do.
They are operating out of self protection and fear. >Don't give up. >