Re: [IPp] Fwd: BG'S at School-success!

Dear Sherry,

I am so glad that your school is cooperating.  It sure does make your job
easier, and your summer more relaxed.  Thank you for caring.  My new
attitude (now that I have a lawyer) is I will be victorious!  I will not
have to panick when I send my child to school, and she will go to school
and be happy and healthy!

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Fwd: BG'S at
School-success! >Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:02:53 EDT > >I sent this to
the IP address and I really hoped the POP moms/dads would >see it, thus
the forward of my original message. You have been an >inspiration to me.
I wanted Cindy to be encouraged to see there are some >school personnel
who do have their heads on straight! Read my original >message. There's
hope Cindy-hang in there! One of these days I'll become more >computer
literate and know how to send these things! >Sherry in Va. mom to Liz
dx3/01 pmp.MM508,5/02 >Return-path: >From: email @ redacted >Full-name:
BurlyBunch >Message-ID: <email @ redacted> >Date: Wed, 31
Jul 2002 15:21:17 EDT >Subject: BG'S at School-success! >To:
email @ redacted >MIME-Version: 1.0 >Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="US-ASCII" >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit >X-Mailer: AOL 5.0
for Mac sub 45 > >I've been following Cindy's saga with the school BG
testing-best of luck-I've >always wanted to see Cape May-let us know and
we'll make a side trip and >lobby for you-we're just down in central
Va.-not far away! Seriously, I >thought getting permission to inclass
testing would be very difficult here, >because last year I couldn't even
send the lancets to refill the clinic >supply with my daughter. I had to
deliver everything that might be >"dangerous" myself. After reading the
emails for the last few weeks on this >absolutely fantastic site, I
decided I would just place a few calls and go >from there. Well!--It only
took three calls-one to the school, one to the >county health dept. and
the third from the head of the school district's >nurses. I was armed
with all the legal information and rationales I had >gleaned from this
site and ready to very tactfully insist on what I >wanted--low and
behold--they were very cooperative and said there wasn't as >yet a real
written policy. They were working with each case on an individual >basis.
I filled her in on our particulars. She agreed that carrying testing
>supplies, pumping and snacking as needed, etc. is needed and will fax me
a >form for the Dr. to sign. It sounds much like the forms I've
seen-soooo-if >all works out as it seems, we are set for school. I
certainly wish Cindy >and others could have a school system as
cooperative! I will follow-up and >be sure we have all our "i's dotted
and our t's crossed" before school so it >goes as smoothly as possible!
Thanks again and I apologize for the length of >this email-I'm so
excited!!! >Sherry in Va. mom to Liz dx3/01 pumping MM508 5//02