[IPn] DMARC - mail changes that break email list servers

Hello IPr's,

Recently Yahoo and a couple of other major ESP's made a change to
their policies that broke all the listserv's in the world.
Fundamentally they want all mail that is sent from a list server to
have a FROM address that bears that domain. In the past, list servers
retained the FROM address of the sender (you) so that people would
know who posted the message and would be able to respond privately if
they wished to do so.

So.... I've made an ugly softare hack to our listserver that
preserves the FROM address (your address) and at the same time meets
the brain dead policy requirements of the few ESP's that have
implemented this latest and greatest attempt to stop spam from
entering their system.

Example:

The old way	From: email @ redacted

will be sent to you from IP as:

new way	From: joe.blow!email @ redacted

Yes, it is ugly but you can still see the original sender if you
throw away "@no-reply.insulin-pumpers.org"  and replace the
explanation point '!' with the at "@" sign.   sigh....

I don't think much thought went into the changes made at Yahoo, but
that's not surprising.

Hopefully this change will allow mail services to continue
uninterrupted for the several thousand Yahoo members of IP.

Best regards,
Michael
..
For mail list removal write