From: Mary Donovan <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:02:36 AM
Subject: Re: [IPp] Contact sports--a postscript

Jackie,

I should have mentioned bolusing for at least part of
the missed basal.  The new cozmo has a disconnect
feature that computes how much insulin you should give
to compensate for disconnection, but you can figure it
manually as well.

We did not have  a lot of luck bolusing ahead of time
for missed basal.  With all the running in lacrosse,
it would tend to cause lows unless Dan went into the
game on the high end.  Your mileage may vary, and
hopefully this will work better for you than it did
for us.

Mary