Re: [IPp] Omnipod - Need more info

My 5 year old will be celebrating one year of using the Omnipod next
week.  We love love love it.  Life is much easier.  I really have no
complaints.  We haven't had any issues with the PDM, have had some pod
failures, but I don't find it an issue.

My understanding is that plans are in the works for both the Navigator
and Dexcom to work with the Omnipod PDM.  I don't think there is a
target date, but there are existing agreements with both companies.
It's something I'm looking forward to!

Any questions please feel free to ask!  2 things I feel are worth
mentioning if you are already pumping - you cannot program a zero
basal.  You CAN set a temporary basal of zero, but you cannot program
it.  And IOB is only calculated for correction bolus' NOT food
bolus'.  This is not an issue for us bc we never had the benefit of an
IOB for food bolus', but I could see that if it is something you are
used to, you might miss it.

Kind regards,

Lorraine Sisto
email @ redacted