RE: [IPp] Omnipod - Need more info

Hi Amber,

My son (age 11) has been using the OmniPod system for about 20 months
now.  Before that he was on MDI, so we don't have a basis for comparison
to other pumps.  But it has certainly worked well for Brian.  He can go
about his day largely oblivious to the presence of the pod.  Nothing is
perfect, of course.  The pods have a relatively high failure rate for
us, maybe 5-10%.  Failures often come in clusters, suggesting to me that
it could be occasional issues of quality control in manufacture.  OTOH,
the company is very good about replacing failed units.  The PDM control
unit is a tad fragile - Brian has gone through four already.  Once
again, Insulet is good about replacing them.  These have been pretty
minor inconveniences to us compared to the level of freedom Brian
enjoys, but I think it's good to know these things.  Based on our
experience I can certainly recommend the system highly.

Chris