Re: [IPp] more offter site changes / stubborn high counts

>  We have been told by our endo to change my daughter's site (age 4)
>  every 48
> hours. We do. He says that it is easier for hard spots to form in
> little kids - so to help slow/eliminate that, we says to change site
> every 48 hours. She has no hard spots, been pumping since July
> 2002.Bonnie

Based on reports over the years from many pumpers, the "hard" spots
are due to a reaction to Humalog experienced by only 5-6% of pumpers.
The wisest thing to do if that's the problem is to switch to Novolog
(or visa versa as the case may be). Over the last few years IP has
collected data on a large number of instances of this problem and
others related to intolerance to insulin analogs. While the data is
ancedotal, there is enough of it to indicate the "something" is going
on. It would be nice if there were a study to provide more definitive
information and to alert the medical community to this problem. Since
that hasn't happened (and is unlikely to), we must pass the info on
via the mail list.

Michael