re: [IPp] Delayed lows after exercise - chocolate milk for sleepy heads

snip<<< It was soooo hard to get anything into her when we
woke her up from sleep!!!! >>>>>

We've found that Luke eats glucose tabs pretty well in his sleep.

Sometimes we just need him to snack - like last night, when his correction +
prior exercise dropped him 200 pts in 1 hour.  We've found that a homemade
concentrated chocolate milk does the trick.  I can mix from 1 tsp. to 3 Tbsp.
of real choc. syrup into about 4 oz. of milk (with about 15 sec. in the
microwave).  Luke sucks that down really quick, awake or asleep, if needed.  (I
do prop him up so he doesn't choke.)  We do this especially on the days that he
has soccer practice or games, or other really active days.

Shelly V., mom to Luke, 8, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

Do you Yahoo!?