From: "Fayeron Morrison" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPp] stubborn high counts
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:28:40 -0700

OK, I'd love to have some input.  Last night was the night of the
stubborn high.  Basically, despite consistent bolusing every 2 hours,
Alex stayed at 275-305 the bulk of the night.  Around 5:30 am he went to
68, I treated very mildly, he woke up at 120.  At lunch time he was 375.
He just left for baseball, 201-which is ok.  Now, old pros out there,
here are my questions:

1.  I don't think the site is technically bad, but it seems like
something must be going on with the absorption.  I'm thinking when he
gets back I should probably change the site.  It would be a day early
and I'm out of EMLA, so I don't really want to...what do you all think?

2.  Even at the end of 3 days , we throw out alot of insulin.  If you
change the site early, do you just throw out more insulin or is there
anyway to use what is left in the reservoir?  If I change his site
today, I will throw out 48ml of insulin-what a waste.  I keep trying to
fill the reservoir with less but I hate it when I get those low
reservoir messages.

3.  Also, unrelated, has anybody figured out how long you really have
when you get a low battery alarm on the paradigm?  Ours needs to be
changed every 5 days or so.  Does that seem right?

mom to Alex (10, dx'd 8/01, pumping paradigm 4/03), Zack (10), Josh (4),
wife to Bob for 15 years