Re: [IPp] infusion sets

email @ redacted writes:

> My daughter (Kirsten 6 yrs old) is scheduled to start pumping w/the Minimed
> Paradigm on May 20. We received her pump & supplies on Monday. The doctor
> wants
> her to start with the Silhouette infusion sets. I was looking for any
> feedback
> from any parents who have used or are using these infusion sets.

We are using these.  They look very frightening because the needle is so long
but they go in at an angle and once through the skin, the rest is fine.  Some
or most people use an inserter with them which gets the job done quicker but
my daughter will not have an inserter and so I insert them manually and very
slowly.  It's the only way we can do it and the only way she trusts us if we
do it slow.  We originally wanted the quick sets because the needle was
smaller, but we had heard of a few cases where the insulin absorption wasn't
as good and problems with them coming out.  However, I am still willing to
try the quick sets one day but insert them manually.

Mum to Danielle, diagnosed Aug 2001, on a pump since Nov 2002, nearly 9