Re: [IPp] Re: delayed response to exercise

> Crystal:
> We deal with the same phenomenon with my soon-to-be-nine-year-old,
> Annie.  She has a rigorous swim practice each afternoon at 4:00, may
> go to bed with a perfect nighttime number, and then her BG takes a
> nosedive at midnight or later.  For her, the delayed response to
> exercise can happen 6 to 12 hours after swimming or playing hard!
> So far we've dealt with it by just checking often and correcting
> with tablets or juice as needed--and by sometimes feeding her a
> high-fat/high-protein supper so the delayed digestion happens at
> about the same time as the exercise effect.

Heavy exercise fairly predictably will cause this low bg effect. What
worked for us was to reduce night time basals by 0.1 -> 0.2 all
night. You should be able to figure out what is required by looking
at the amount of carbs typically needed to stabilize night time lows
and lowering basals that amount.