Re: [IPp] Re: delayed response to exercise

My daughter Rachel (turned 11 on April 4th) has been on Paradigm since
October 2002.
This is our first time pumping since diagnosis as a toddler, so very new
to us.  We have NEVER
really established a perfect routine at night, consequently, still
getting up at least once EVERY night!
Did notice lows last week after her dance - and she stayed low all
weekend - maybe because she played
outside too?? so I lowered her basal some to account for lows and it
worked pretty good. Sure with
summer activities - we may have to do it permanently. My question - she
LOVES swimming.  Told her
it is going to be alot of stopping - checking blood sugars, and if high-
replugging pump and giving boluses.
Does your daughter swim with her pump or do the same?  Actually, I could
use input from anybody.
When she dances, she stays hooked up, unless she is low.  For her dance
recital, assume we'll just
check her right before each dance, and unplug so she won't have to worry
about pump getting knocked
off her waist.  Anyway - just kind of thinking ahead for summer and
swimming - and wondered what
others do, especially for swimming.
Cathy in Kansas  (mom to Rachel 10, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02,
pumping since 10/02)