[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #348

It is Spring Break in NC this week and I have not been up to date reading
the digest so maybe this has already been answered, but I'll add our success
story.  Our daughter (age 10) started on the Cozmo at the end of January.
We were having lots of trouble putting her to bed at 9 pm or so with a blood
sugar of 125 or so and then she could be 250 or more at 11 pm when we would
go to bed.  Michael had a post about children releasing growth hormone as
soon as they go to sleep (which may vary a lot) and so adjusting the
temporary basal rate at bedtime.  We have been doing this for 2-3 weeks now
and it is working great!  As Sarah goes to bed she sets the temporary rate
for 120-140% for 2 hours depending on how much she eaten that evening and
how much fat she has had at supper or for snack.  She is rarely above 150
now when we go to bed and is waking up in the 110 range.  Hope this can help
others struggling with the nighttime basals.
Cindy Hoehn