[IPp] He's getting a Cozmo

Hi all,

We found out that our insurance company isn't going to make my son go
through 6 months of MDI after all.  He can get his pump right now!  He's
thrilled.  After comparisons and seeing what the insurance company's
contracted price would be from each pump company, we have decided on a
Cozmo.  The insurance pre-auth should be done by Monday and we can get
the pump by the end of next week.  Yippee!

Now for the questions... How do we know what infusion set to order and
how long of tubing he'll need?  He's about 4 1/2 feet tall.  He is
currently using 6mm (mini) needles on his insulin pen and we want to make
sure the infusion set has a Teflon cannula and doesn't leave the needle
in the skin.  And do we need IV Prep wipes or will alcohol wipes do?
What do we do with the extra tubing during the day?  And is it better to
be trained by the doctor's office (they are very familiar with Cozmo) or
the pump company's trainer or should we request both?

Still so much to learn,
Sherry Henderson
Homeschooling mom to Andrew 9 (dx'd 2/03), Alexandria 9, & Katie 2