Re: [IPp] Minimed quick set

Yes that's correct.  My 11 year old daughter uses the quick sets -
HOWEVER, 6 days after
we started pump last October - she was in hospital in dka because the
canula of the quick set
crimped in her stomach after we changed it - and we didn't know it until
it was too late.
(Pump didn't alert us to that).  Then it happened again while in the
hospital -
and was even done by the pump trainer instead of me!  Thus,  - we DO NOT
use her stomach
anymore!  I use the area below her waist but above her buttocks and
shift from side to side
every 3 days. Have had no trouble with crimping since.   Silhouettes
were alot longer needle
and made me VERY nervous!
Good luck.
Cathy in Kansas, Mom to Rachel 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02,
pumping 10/02