[IPp] April 12 - The Worst Day Of My Life

 This is the day three years ago that this disease called insulin dependent
diabetes almost took away my 23 month old baby boy. I was 22 & that night was a
blur to me... my dad had to take me out of the ER room because the doctors were
trying to revive my little boy with a blood glucose of 811, in full DKA & I lost
it. Thank god that my ex husband & my mom were there... Gosh, weeks of learning
how to care for him & give him shots. I was scared.... But you know what, today
it didn't even cross my mind until 10:09 PM tonight. You know why, my little boy
is here with my, healthy & being a typical 4 year old! ::) We had the joy of
having breakfast together (pancakes with whipped cream), having lunch at Burger
King, going shopping at the mall & pigging out on popcorn at the cheap theatre
today! 3 years ago I never would have thought any of it was possible... it's
amazing how we can get through things & move on in life. I thank god for all his
doctors who put up with my st!
  upid questions, my wonderful parents (I don't know where I'd be without
them!!!), JDRF, all my diabetes support groups (thanks for putting up with me!),
CWD, the wonderful USA, Buzz Lightyear (Cole's Animas insulin pump)... but most
of all... Cole - for showing me to be strong & that we can get through it all!
God provided me with such a wonderful kid... I can't ask for more! ::)

 Rachel - My Pics: www.picturetrail.com/jracheln"Except for ending slavery,
fascism, nazism and communism, war has never solved anything"Have you forgotten?

Do you Yahoo!?