From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Lisa
Sent: April 12, 2003 2:24 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] pump reliability (and Animas in particular)

My 2.5 year old son Jake will begin pumping soon, and I am wondering
what our expectations should be for how often these machines will
break down. Once a year? once a month (I hope not!)? Once every four
years, as the warranty suggests? Does anyone know if there is a
central site that keeps this kind of data? I have called two pump
companies and can't seem to get a good answer to my questions. Also,
we are back to considering using the Animas pump again (based on
helpful comments from several of you). Are there parents of Animas
pumpers out there who can tell me about their experience with Animas
and the pump's reliability?

Thank you!