[IPp] cruise help

We are leaving for a cruise tomorrow and I can't be excited about it because
I'm too anxious.  Adding to the anxiety is the fact that I recently found out
the cruise line wanted me to send in a letter to the medical department of the
fleet informing them of my son's condition and what he does to treat it.  I
just called them, and they said it was too late to send it in - should have
been done before...  I think there probably is no real reason for them to have
this, but I'm worried it could come back to bite us.  Have any of you had to
do this before going on a cruise?  Thanks for the help.