Re: [IPp] testing basals in 18 mo

The best way to test basals is to have the child fast for each meal...this
will take three days.  Day one, no breakfast and test every two hours, day
two no lunch and again test every two hours, day three no dinner and test
again every two hours. I know this seems harsh but in my opinion it is the
only true way to test basals.  My son is 6 and a constant snacker, so I
totally know what your going thru. He was two when he was diagnosed and at
the time he was on shots still, and I would constantly have to tell him,
"sorry honey, its not time for snack" and he was really fed up with the free
carb foods too.
Good luck
Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!