Re: [IPp] ketones

In a message dated 04/04/2003 23:31:31 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Hello about keytones, my daughter Kathleen is 12 and she has them right away
> when she is sick or if we forget an injection.  I know when it happens
> kathleen feels real weak. she is thursty and tired. We usually increase her
> h2o and after 3 or 4 hours there gone. We check them every time she is sick
> even strep

Danielle (my 8-year-old) has never had ketones no matter how high she has
been, but I have had them myself on occasions (actually had ketoacidosis
years ago, but thank God I am ok now).  We are advised to rest and drink
plenty and then they go.  Well, I didn't believe it until I tried it and it
worked for me.  I rested in bed for half a day and drank as many gallons of
water as I could and they went.  I thought that was better than going into

Mum to Danielle aged 8, dx Aug 2001, on pump self-funded since Nov 2002
D myself but not on pump