RE: [IPp] ketones

 Well, we got to experience this on Monday. We used both the Medisense Precision
Xtra and Ketones Urine Strips. Our experience was that the meter registered
trace ketones and urine strips registered moderate to large. I called her endo
and he said that no one really knows which is more accurate. One thing was for
sure, she had ketones. We corrected with syringe, pushed water and all was
cleared in 90 minutes (checked blood sugar and ketone with meter every 30
minutes) and urine strip every time she went pee (which was a lot because she
drank about 32 oz of water).
Bonnie
  Fayeron Morrison <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions.

My son has never tested positive for ketones either. I know there are
some kids that have ketones had the drop of a hat. One thing, though,
it is easy to bring down a high in my son and I wonder if that has
anything to do with it. I just bought a blood ketone meter (we've only
used the urine strips so far) and it will be interesting to see if the
results are any different. We'll see...Fayeron
mom to Alex (10, dx'd 8/01), Zack (10), Josh (4), wife to Bob for 15
years