[IPp] ketones

I was just wondering if anyone else's diabetic child has never had ketones?
Jake has been diabetic 9 years and has never tested positive for ketones; not
even a trace. We have had plenty of high's and sick days, but never ketones.
It makes me wonder what is different about his diabetes and other childrens.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Trena (mom to Jake 12)