RE:[IPp] Help! Potty training a 2 year old

> Gina~
> Hi -- I don't write much but lurk often and was compelled to write
> to you about this.  My Shannon was dx'd at 13 months and I worried
> and worried about this issue until the day it happened.  I do have
> to say it took her longer to potty train than my other daughter who
> does not have diabetes.  Shannon was 2 1/2 almost 3 before she could
> do it.

Ok, Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I have 5 kids and we potty trained
them all the same way. It only took a week or two to convince them
to consistently use the potty chair. Some of you may object to the
method, but.....

We bought a package of "mints"  ... you know, the kind with the
chocolate on the outside top and bottom and the thin green sandwich
of mint in the middle -- kind of rectangular and very yummy. We
dumped these into a glass jar and put it on a shelf out of reach of
the kids, but clearly visible -- right in the kitchen. The kids were
given one or two to start when they were going potty and told that
any time they wanted one all they had to do was use the "potty

Worked like a charm. Sure, maybe it's bribery but what the heck :-)
5 successes in a row can't be all bad.