RE:[IPp] Help! Potty training a 2 year old

Hi -- I don't write much but lurk often and was compelled to write to you
about this.  My Shannon was dx'd at 13 months and I worried and worried about
this issue until the day it happened.  I do have to say it took her longer to
potty train than my other daughter who does not have diabetes.  Shannon was 2
1/2 almost 3 before she could do it.  We had the same issues with the highs.
I pretty much had to just gently remind her every 2 hours or so that if she
felt like the potty needed to come out she might want to try and sit for a
minute or two.  I never used the pull-up things.  Since she couldn't feel
them become wet they never seemed worth the expense to me.  Gerber makes a
cotton training pant with a plastic exterior, kind of like the all in one
version of what all of us learned with.  She did not like to feel wet so she
often caught herself midway and would finish on the potty.  Ultimately it was
letting her run naked in the house that did it.  She went twice in one day in
her shoes and that was pretty much the last accidents.  Hope some of this

Wife to David and Mom to Shannon, 5 1/2 yrs, dx'd 2/99 and pumping 3/01
& Kaitlyn, 2 1/2yrs