Cheri McCurdy, Mom to Amelia, 9 1/2, D 1-00, P 12-00

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:02:29 -0800

From: "Denise Owens" Subject: [IPp] FW: 504 plan fight/glucagon issue won
> Hi, > > I just wanted to let you all know that after my continual
fighting with Walter Hays Elementary school in Palo Alto, 2 diabetes
advocates/children with disabilities advocate, Haley's RN and an attorney
that has type 1 herself kick some real butt today and help me. Finally,
the school is forced to allow glucagon and help Haley carbohydrate count
her meals. Also, since I am in week 3 of having to pay $15.00 per hour
for my babysitter to attend school with Haley (or she has been disallowed
from being at school), the school has agreed to reimburse me for this
week only. > > I can't even begin to explain the trauma and depression
this institution has put me through and made my life so much harder as a
single Mommy, full time working parent and sole caregiver to a child with
diabetes. > > Finally, they are being forced to give her the care she has
been entitled to receive all along. > > I really needed to share this
with all of you. > > Sincerely, > > Denise Owens > Mom to twins, Haley &
Savannah, age 7, Haley dxd 12/2000