Re: [IPp] Re: Celiac Disease

There is a blood test that measures antigliadin antibodies and edomysial
(don't quote me on these terms please).  Normal #'s should be less than 20
in the test my daughter had done.  One of her #'s was 93 and the other 60-
which is positive.  However, for proper diagnosis of celiac disease - they
do a biopsy of the small intestine.  Rachel was asleep and they took 12
samples (through a tube down her throat passed her stomach into her
small intestine.  All 12 samples showed major inflammation - the positive
diagnosis we really weren't hoping for.  However, after a year on a
diet - we had a celiac blood test done again (trust me - the labs are
not that
familiar with them yet - and neither is insurance). This test was 4.7
and only
measured the endomysial - but the gasterontolgist (spelling?) said it
was a definite
negative - and this shows we're doing things right. They don't recommend
through more biopsies unless you have positive bloodtests.  If you have
any other
questions, please just let me know.
Cathy, Mom to Rachel 11 on Friday!, dx w/diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02,
pumping since 10/02