RE: [IPp] School

Shannon, the only thing is if for any reason you can't get there to the
school to his aid, someone, should be trained to help your son out. (it'll
be good for your son to accept treatment from someone other than Mom too)
And I know it may not be an issue this year, or even next year,, but it
might be worth considering to work towards the ability to care for him fully
at school without your help. It's sort of like looking ahead to the big
picture, for you and any other parent of a D child that may come into your

The first year of diagnoses I had the school all set to take care of her
without me and I still showed up for lunch time shot. :) There were a few
times when I couldn't or didn't show up, and she was covered. They got to
know me well!

And, pumping may bring more issues than injections, depending on the
temperature of the school personnel and the administration,, since it's
doubtful these polices are even considered because pumping is so new.

Anyway, good for you for having a 504 in place,, they are the best safety
net we can give our kids :)

Connie Miller
Photography benefiting the Children With DIABETES Foundation.
If  9 out of 10 people that read this say NO, we still raise $300,000 this
year for CWDF.
If  9 out of 10 people that read this say YES, we raise 3 MILLION this year
to fund a porcine islet cell transplantation trial.
Are you with us? http://www.fundsfordiabetes.org