Re: [IPp] re: clogged/obvious crystallization

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shelly Van Dyke" <email @ redacted>
To: "POP List" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:30 PM
Subject: [IPp] re: clogged/obvious crystallization
> But he still has a HUGE fear when he sees that Sil. needle, even
> with the inserter.  He's had minimal pain on 2 sets, and not so
> minimal on another, so we still have a tense time w/ set changes.
> I'm looking forward to his behind healing back up & getting back
> to the smaller profile QuickSet w/ the needle hidden inside the
> inserter.
> Any advice on calming a 7 yr. old on fear of pain would be appreciated.
> Feel free to email me directly if you need any more info on
> Novolog switch.
> Regards,
> Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

We also use Silhouettes on Scott.  He is 8 and also quite lean.  Although
these sets work well for him, we are considering changing to quicksets
because of Scott's fear of the Silhouette needle.  He prefers to use his
belly and 'love handles' for sites.  I have been told by others that even a
thin person can get good results on the abdomen with the 6mm quickset.  Has
this not been true for Luke?

I am happy to do Scott's set changes for him, but I would love to find a set
that works for him and that he's comfortable enough with that he could
insert his own set if I were not available.  It would give me great piece of
mind to know that he could do this in a pinch.  I just don't see that
happening with the Sils.