[IPp] re: clogged/obvious crystallization

<<From: "Wright, Kelley" <email @ redacted>
The crystallization can most definitely be seen in the cannula, if it is
occurring.  It appears to be clogged and looks like opaque inconsistent
lines. >>

We saw similar things in the cannula when Luke was on Humalog.  Never
see it w/ Novolog (since switching in Oct. 2001) & the b.g. #'s
are consistent across 3-4 days.  Kelley describes very much what
our experience was on Humalog & on Humalog mixed with Regular.
Novolog works for Luke but it may not be for everyone.  Especially
those of you who are perfectly happy w/ Humalog - I wouldn't change.

And someone asked about why/when to try different sets:  when the
ones you're using aren't giving good results in all the locations
you want to use.  We started on SofSets & switched to QuickSets because
the SofSets fell off no matter what, and Luke couldn't do the disconnect
himself on the SofSets.   We like QuickSets but the straight-in
cannula seems to be a big problem on his lean, lean, lean tummy
so we're using Sils there now to give his rear end a rest.

But he still has a HUGE fear when he sees that Sil. needle, even
with the inserter.  He's had minimal pain on 2 sets, and not so
minimal on another, so we still have a tense time w/ set changes.
I'm looking forward to his behind healing back up & getting back
to the smaller profile QuickSet w/ the needle hidden inside the

Any advice on calming a 7 yr. old on fear of pain would be appreciated.
Feel free to email me directly if you need any more info on
Novolog switch.

Do You Yahoo!?