Re: [IPp] School was :Thanks for the welcome & more

In a message dated 4/30/02 4:24:16 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  Aides are NOT qualified to
> give injections.  For legal reasons we cannot train her to give injections
> either.

Why not? I am not a medical person and I was trained to do it.......legally
the school must provide someone without you having to prove anything is our
point.....it is Federal law for schools receiving Federal funding......they
don't have a choice.....if he needs it to participate then they must provide
it......sometimes schools need to be educated onthe law because they have
just been told from higher up........you are doing a great thing getting it
in 504 protection just don't let them dissuade you from all he needs to
participate fully.....we support you....