Re: [IPp] Thanks for the welcome & more

Any school that is federally funded MUST provide either an aide, a nurse, or
an adult that is trained to give injections or test blood sugars. NO
federally funded school can discriminate against a child with Diabetes.  Your
child HAS to be able to be involved in any school program, athletics, field
trips, or parties.  I really advise you to call a meeting w/your school to
set up either a 504 plan or an IEP.  It is for your protection and well worth
My son is in Kindergarden this year and it is a full day program.  I do at
times go to the school to monitor parties or activities.
Just my little tid bit.  Good Luck :)