Re: [IPp] Thanks for the welcome & more

In a message dated 4/30/02 10:23:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have to some how prove to the district and the state of MN that if he
> doesn't have a nurse there to give him shots it seriously affects his
> ability
> to learn.  This usually isn't proved until the child is very far behind in
> school.   It all falls under an IEP.  I just don't want to fight the school
> too much because I they have been so wonderful.  I would much rather have
> Jacob on the pump and not have to get the extra shots at all.  IMHO

no, you don't have to prove that...diabetes is covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act and you do not have to prove anything...his care is covered
by Federal law.....just a caution from personel experience do not back off of
needed care because they are being *nice*...it has backfired on me....of
course, be pleasent but firm....please got to diabetes.org and look at what
they have on the site