Re: [IPp] emails?

At 08:44 AM 4/28/2002 email @ redacted wrote:
 >I requested to be added to the Parents of Pumpers list, and now have been
 >receiving tons of emails meant for other people.

This is the way an email list works. Every message is sent to a central
server and then re-sent out to all of the members of that list. It is like
a public bulletin board. If you see a message that interests you, then you
may reply to it and all the other members will see what you've written and
may respond in return. It ends up as a big public discussion in which we
hope that we can learn a little from other people's experiences, as well as
share our own.

These messages are not "meant" for other people, they are meant for the
whole list, of which you are now a member. If the volume of individual
messages is distressing, then write to the HELP address below this message
and ask to be put onto the Digest version.

I hope this helps.

Sam Skopp