RE: [IPp] Re: pop statistics ?

Carol,
Michael had put the technical differences out a few weeks ago.  I am sending
you what he sent below.
To add my two cents on Novalog, we have been on it for one week and we have
had 7 days of "in range" numbers as well!!!!!  We have never had this in the
(almost) 3 years since diagnosis.  I hope it continues to work so well.
I have worked so hard to achieve good numbers for Christopher and have
failed at every turn.  I finally stopped doubting myself, as I was doing
everything to the letter, and was convinced the Novalog would be the answer
for Christopher.  So far, so good!  Now, if Humalog was working, I would
have stayed with it.  Many people have no problem with it.  And some people
try Novalog and do not get the results they had with Humalog.  I am just
glad something seems to finally be working for us.

Kelley from Houston
mother to Christopher - 5 1/2, dx'd 5/99, pumping 1/01, Jordan - 3, and
expecting in October

Michael wrote:
All modern insulins and insulin analogs are what is called "human"
insulin. That means that they are replications of human insulin
reproduced by recombinant DNA technology. In plain english, the
insulin is reproduced by bacteria in a vat.  Insulin and insulin
analogs are comprised of very long chains of molecules. The insulin
analogs are essentially identical to "real" insulin except that one
(Novlog) or two (Humalog) of the molecules have been moved or
replaced.

In Humalog the amino acids at positions 28(lys) and 29(pro) on the
insulin B chain are reversed. In Novolog/NovoRapid, the amino acid
proline in position 28 of the insulin B chain is replace with a
molecule of aspartic.