From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Shelly Van Dyke
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:57 PM
To: POP List
Subject: [IPp] New fan for Sil-serter

Well, we just tried the Silhouette w/ the inserter yesterday on Luke,
age 7 & the site change went well - what a relief after the past week's
issues w/ bent cannulas on his poor rear end.  We had good advice
from our pump trainer & MiniMed rep to try to get about a 20 degree
angle by rocking the inserter against Luke's lean belly.  He was
pretty nervous about it because our attempts w/ manual insertion
have not been good (poor technique, I'm sure, on my part).

Anyway, thought I'd share this in case anyone was considering one.
We were also able to get the inserter FREE through the endo's office,
an unexpected bonus.

Regards,
Shelly V., mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01