RE: [IPp] Re: 6th Animas pump???

We used the H-tron for a year and had not ONE single problem, nada,
never!:O)  It was a great pump and very reliable!  We upgraded to the D-tron
a year after that (almost a year since then) and have only had 1 problem:
the piston rod that automatically retracts got stuck and wouldn't go forward
or backward.  Disetronic overnighted a new pump and we gave Riley injections
for about a 24 hour period of time.  This happened 2 weeks after we used the
new pump, D told us to keep the new one and we've never had another problem
since then and it's going on a year the end of May.  I can't stress how
important it is to keep a bottle or at least a script of a long-lasting
insulin on hand in case something does happen to your pump-regardless of
what pump you are using!!!:O)  They are all machines and as such can be
subject to problems, the one thing that really recommends the H-tron the
most (if your worried about reliability) is you get TWO for the price of one
and for those that might worry a back up pump might be a wonderful piece of
mind kwim?  We got an insulin pen with the D-tron that uses the same
cartridge as the pump, however a shot is a shot is a shot!:O)

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 23 mos "Mr. Nothing"
D-tron), Mason-4, Cailin Rose-3, & Lane-5 mos