Re: [IPp] Novolog vs. Humalog

> We tried novolog and went back to Humalog.  My son who is 10 loves
> his pump for the simple reason that he can snack when he wants to.
> When he was on novolog and snacking and bolusing and decreasing the
> amount he bolused if it was close together he would have lows.  He
> even had one so sever one night that I had to use glucagon.

A number of people have reported a significant decrease in insulin
needs when switching from Humalog to Novolog. This may be the source
of your son's lows. If he continued with the same basal and bolus
ratios and needed less insulin, lows would definetly happen. Less
insulin is better :-) ask your endo.