[IPp] Swimming

My daughter Jessica, 10 (11 in May!!) has been on the pump since
January.  She is involved in swimming lessons twice a week and we can't
seem to figure out the best way to deal with it.  We check her numbers
before, during and after, and no matter what they are they seem to
either drop unexpectedly, or end up on the high end.  She will often go
low when swimming due to the high activity, so we try to anticipate that
by giving her a snack before she swims (as long as her number warrants
it).  Yesterday she was 81 before her class and had already been
swimming for 1/2 hour, so I gave her a small snack, knowing that it was
most likely going to go down.  An hour and a half later, after swimming,
she was 270!  I don't understand it.  Granted, she is off her pump that
entire time, so she was off for two hours.  But another time she will
finish and be low 37 - Any help??

mom to Jessie 10 (dx at 6) and Britty 9