[IPp] Re: 4 sites in 24 hours

> <<We just changed out the reservoir & tubing because the site is taking
> boluses & going down fine, but it seems like the basals are not getting
> in him to allow his sugars to drop.  He doesn't appear to be getting
> sick either.>>

Shelly, this is exactly the problem that I have had with Claire.  It would
seem that the boluses worked just fine, but maybe only about half of the
basal was getting absorbed.  By Christmas I was really a wreck over it, I was
so depressed.  So we tried a tummy site on December 30--it lasted about 12
hours before it popped out and caused bgs to go off the meter.  Back to the
upper butt and all of a sudden we had great absorption for 2 months.  By
early March, control was a lot worse again, but then I was able to start her
on the Novolog.  Now with over 3 weeks of the Novolog, things are going
great.  Wow, what numbers.  I don't know if it will last.
     I can't say anything to help you with your problem, but did want to let
you know it happens to us.  It may be possible that he has some sort of
infection that you can't notice.  Or is anything possibly stressing him out?
There are so many other things to rule out, but in our case I really believe
it was mostly poor absorption.
     And I would also like to know when will I be able to use Claire's tummy
for sites?  She is not really skinny--has always been 75th percentile for
weight and only 50th percentile for height, but there is not a bit of flab on
her, her tummy is hard.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8