[IPp] Re: Novolog

<<I've not heard anything about Novolog from our peds endo and I was there
just today.  What is the difference between it and humalog?>>

Michael gave you a great technical description of Novolog.  But you may be
just wanting a more simple one.
     Humalog is manufactured by Lilly.  Novolog is made by Novo-Nordisk and
is their version of a fast-acting insulin.  It has only very recently been
made available for sale in Canada, and was introduced into the USA last year.
  I don't know if the formulation of NPH insulin made by Lilly and
Novo-Nordisk is exactly the same--both appeared to not work on Claire the
same way.  But the Humalog and Novolog are slightly different, as Michael has
described.  The action profiles of both, however, are similar.  However, in
some people Novolog seems to just work better in their bodies, compared to
Humalog.  This isn't true for everyone, and if Humalog is working well for
your child, you don't need to worry about trying out Novolog.

Barbara, Mum of Claire, 8 today!