Re: [IPp] Cooking Insulin, Extended Boluses & Fasting Basals [long]

In a message dated 4/10/2002 12:42:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Someone recommeded that I try Tincture of Benzion Prep Spray.  So I went
>  ahead and ordered it.  I guess it's like the Mastisol.  Where do you get
>  the Unisolve at?  Can I buy that at any drug store?  Is it an over the
>  counter product?

We tried the Tincture of Benzoin, but I'm not sure we used it properly
because it really didn't seem all that sticky -- and several pumpers had
recommended it to us as being better than super glue .  .  . hope you have
better luck.

Unisolve doesn't require a prescription, but I don't know that you're local
pharmacy will carry it (though I'm sure they could get it).  I get mine when
I order my pump supplies from Animas (our insurance covers it), and I know
you can order on-line from both the Minimed and Disetronic websites.

In the mean time (while you're waiting for the Unisolve), you could try baby
oil . . . some people recommend that.  I think it does pretty good in helping
loosen up the old set, but don't like how greasy & messy it is and don't
think it does much to help remove any left over adhesive on the skin (JMHO) .
. . Or, you can also time it so that you give him a bath right before you put
in a new set, so that the old one is mostly soaked loose before you try and
remove it.

BTW, if you are going to call MM to get samples of tapes, Mastisol, etc. you
should ask them for samples of Unisolve too.

Good luck!

Pumpmama to Katie