Re: [IPp] Cooking Insulin, Extended Boluses & Fasting Basals [long]

Lyndy Pumpmama to Katie (11, dx @9) happily pumping with her Animas pump
"Elvis" since 6-1-01
Hi Lyndy,
My son Joshua is 2 and we've been pumping for 3 wks now.  I've read your
reply and just have a couple of questions for you.  Which type of
infusion set is Katie using?  We are using the sils for Josh and we are
on the new paridagm pump.  We switched from the sils to the quickset and
then back to the sils.  How do you prepare her site?  What is Mastisol.
Is that something that will help the infusion set stay on better.  I gave
Josh a bath the other night and his set came out because it got wet. How
can I avoid this?  I am now using ELMA cream to numb the area and also
using the IV3000 tape to help the set stay on better.   When you take the
old site out, what to you clean it with?  How often are you changing the
site?  Hope to hear from you soon.  Angela>>>

Angela Nattle-Havrilak
email @ redacted
J.W. Pepper & Son, Inc.