Re: [IPp] POP Statistics?

> This question is really directed to Michael Robinton -- the
> "founding father" of IP and, of course, the POP list too:  Is there
> any way to easily put together a subset of stats on the kids & teens
> pumpers who are represented on IP & POP . . . I really like looking
> at all the graphs and data on the full IP population and thought it
> would be really great to see similar data covering just the kids &
> teens.  I'm sure it's possible -- But is it practical to do
> something like this?
>
> Lyndy
> Pumpmama to Katie

There are a couple of problems with this concept. The first is that
our data set for kids only is very small. The second it that the data
among kids varies more widely than among adults. There really is no
"average" kids. The are all different sizes, different phases of
growth, etc.... With adults there is a larger sample of individuals
and more standardization in their behavior or lifestyles. I'm not
saying it can't be done, just that we'd need a much larger pool of
kids to sample than adults for the same degree of meaningfulness in
the data.

The other thing is..... what data would be interesting that is
specific to kids??

Michael