[IPp] Re: stories

Well, the funniest, saddest, and most bittersweet thing I can tell you about
our life with diabetes is how my youngest daughter reacts about it.  She
apparently believes that everything about diabetes is completely "normal" and
should be happening to her as well.  She cries (literally) to have her finger
poked to get her sugar checked...we usually fake it, unless I just have that
urge to check her.  She gets all excited and happy when I tell her I will
check her sugar.  She also mimics our entire pump set changing routine.  From
pretending to remove her "set" which she seems to think is in her bottom or
leg depending on where my oldest daughter's current set happens to be, to
laying down on my lap and doing the relaxing breathing that we do when we
insert the set in my oldest.  She even demands to take the soft serter and
put it on her hiney or leg and push the button to release the serter on
herself...without the actual set of course.  If I had a dummy pump, and she
was old enough to ask she would probably want to wear one.  She is constantly
trying to touch my daughters pump.  She grabs at the case and stuff.  We are
constantly telling her no touching.  On one hand it's funny...she gets soooo
excited when she pretends to put her set in, but on the other hand it just
breaks my heart that she wants it so bad. God willing it will never come to
that.  Please don't think bad of me for letting her pretend, but I used to
refuse and she would become completely hysterical and throw a full fledge
temper tantrum if we did not.  And if you could see the complete look of
happiness she has when she gets things done to her...well...it makes me
chuckle sometimes, most of the time though I just want to cry.

Tammy, wife to David
Mom to Shannon, 4, dx'd 2/99, pumping 3/01
& Kaitlyn 1 1/2 and running wild!