[IPp] Re: Basals

Hi Jocelyn,
     Now that our weather is finally a lot better I  have the same problem
with Claire.  She is quite a bit younger, so I wouldn't want her to try temp
basals on her own.  What we have done is for her to always carry candy to eat
if she feels low when playing.  Would Brian do this instead?  Have some
sweets or glucose tabs in his pocket to just pop in his mouth when needed.  I
guess this depends on whether he can feel a low in enough time to stop it.
Often Claire is playing vigorously, and has to just stop and eat the sweets
and sit out for 10 minutes.  Its a really difficult balance.  Maybe you could
work out some sort of schedule--eg. 20 minutes of basketball might equal 6
jelly beans or something like that.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7

<<> It is school