[IPm] Re: CDE Requirements

Hi!  I believe you have to show proof of at least 1000 hours of direct
patient contact re: diabetes education.  I know that, as of 2000, RN's had to
have their BSN degree, too.  If you call the NCBDE (National Certification
Board of Diabetes Educators) they can mail you an application.  The testing
fee is at least $250.00.  You take the exam every 5 years.
Good Luck!
Grace Gibson, RD, LD,CDE
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted