[IPm] contraindications for birth controll pills

One of our female list members recently read SELF another sort of
health/mind/body magazine. It contained an article about
various types of BC pills and said that one diabetic woman couldn't
take the pill because she IS diabetic. She does not want to post the
question to the mail list as she is a little -- shall we say "shy".

Do any of you know of contraindications specific to diabetes with
respect to birth control pills or a particular type of pill or birth
control method -- shots, implants, etc....

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted